Algorand is transforming business models and economies of all kinds. Founded by Turing Award-winning cryptographer Silvio Micali, Algorand is a high–performing Layer-1 blockchain that is unparalleled for bringing fast, frictionless, and inclusive technologies to everyone. Algorand is reshaping every industry–from TradFi and DeFi to new creator economies and beyond. Its native crypto token is ALGO.
Sustainability has been a core component of Algorand since its inception. Designed to be energy-efficient, the Algorand blockchain has never experienced any downtime. Its unique pure proof-of-stake consensus mechanism requires minimal energy and fees while delivering high speed, security, and instant finality.
As the world's first pure proof-of-stake blockchain, Algorand was designed from the ground up to minimally impact the environment. Because its consensus is not based on energy-intensive proof-of-work and requires minimal computational power or electricity, Algorand is a leader in sustainable blockchain technology.
The Algorand Foundation is dedicated to helping fulfill the global promise of the Algorand blockchain by taking responsibility for its sound monetary supply economics, decentralized governance, and healthy and prosperous open-source ecosystem.
The Algorand Foundation has formed strategic partnerships across different sectors and geographies, from small to massive blockchain projects such as:
- MIT Digital Currency Initiative - to support the Cryptoeconomics Systems (CES) Journal
- Algo Foundry - a venture studio dedicated to growing the Algorand developer ecosystem and building Algorand blockchain infrastructure and applications.
- Italian Working Group - on Distributed Ledger Technology to support the launch of the International School on Algorand Smart Contracts, corporate with leading blockchain experts from the University of Trento, University of Salerno, University of Florence, University of Turin, and Sapienza University of Rome.
- New York University - to conduct research on private verifiable databases and their applications to public blockchains.
- Climate Ride - Algorand Foundation commits $15M over 5 Years to the environmental non-profit organization Climate Ride to promote community-powered environmental health and sustainability.
- APAS - a Miami-based startup, has a bold vision to preserve and protect the world’s watersheds.
Messina.one is proud to receive the Algorand Foundation SupaGrant to build a blockchain bridge between Algorand and Ethereum, helping to support the growth of a vibrant, diverse, and thriving Algorand ecosystem.